L33tServ PSO
This forum board is being locked. Please register at our new Forum Board at http://www.luxservpso.net/forums/

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

L33tServ PSO
This forum board is being locked. Please register at our new Forum Board at http://www.luxservpso.net/forums/
L33tServ PSO
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 67 on Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:04 am

Off Topic Rants

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Off Topic Rants Empty Off Topic Rants

Post  spade88 Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:53 pm

When you put the time and effort into building up a great desktop doesn't it bother you when others still put your new system down..lol

I really hate mac only because I still use alienware, it's the #1 choice for gaming in my own opinion..

Either go big or go home.....and money does talk after all - (warning if you can really hear your money talk it is a safe bet your off your rocker)
spade88
spade88

Meseta : 4463
Fame : 0

http://phantasystaronline.4umotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Off Topic Rants Empty Re: Off Topic Rants

Post  PokeLinkEB Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:31 pm

My friends pc has 2 motors & is watercooled. It's pimped out to the max, he prefers building his own PC cause its much cheaper than buying top of the line crap.

My PC is a stock p6311rf & he makes fun of it constantly, don't bother me none. The gameplay is much different on my PC vs his PC. I paid only 400, he paid over 2k.
PokeLinkEB
PokeLinkEB

Meseta : 5729
Fame : 14

PSO Player Info
Time Zone: : Pacific
Name of character 1: PokeLinkEB
Guildcard::

Back to top Go down

Post  spade88 Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:54 pm

PokeLinkEB wrote:My friends pc has 2 motors & is watercooled. It's pimped out to the max, he prefers building his own PC cause its much cheaper than buying top of the line crap.

My PC is a stock p6311rf & he makes fun of it constantly, don't bother me none. The gameplay is much different on my PC vs his PC. I paid only 400, he paid over 2k.

The most expensive parts in building a new desktop from scratch are the CPU, Motherboard, and graphics card....(so if you forgot to check if each one is compatible with each other then your really out of luck their)
I just named a few of course their are more....

I don't mind over clocking, since i spent above 1k on the newest CPU that just launched, I was lucky it was compatible with my Asus Rampage IV Gene.... however my Asus Maximus IV GENE-Z or Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3 would have been just as good...
spade88
spade88

Back to top Go down

Post  Major.Roboto Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:29 pm

spade88 wrote:
I really hate mac only because I still use alienware, it's the #1 choice for gaming in my own opinion..

Pff, I love my mac, Plus alien ware is just an overpriced dell!
Now, I may not game on my mac, but I can shure get all of my work done and have no major complication, Now I know this may start a stupid fan boy war, but Macs do have there downfalls like
-overpriced
-User base is full of people who think windows sucks 100%
-User base hates updates aparently (I don't mind and did not complane from 10.6 to 10.7 and the loss of rosetta (the PPC emulator) did not bother me at all.
-No games (But its not a system ment for it)
-Microsoft office sucks on mac, well so does MSN (thats where skype is the better IM app)
-No real customization (I could care less to be honest. I like how OSX looks)
-They can get viruses, unlike what most people say.... But, if your installing stupid shit you should not be you deserve it.

Honestly the user base of all three platforms piss me off.
Linux can go in a hole and die for all I care...Now if you going to say Mac is linux... Its not. Linux is biased on unix and OSX is biased on unix.

Now Linux users just piss me off alot.
I hate herring "Opened source is good" Well its good till some one with bad intentions does stuff. Oh and don't get me started about ubuntu, or any other linux. They are all the same, they all have the same core. Just a new gui. And I found with linux a single update can break the whole system, oh and don't get me started about doing stuff in terminal or via command line. I refuses to do that! unless its a step or two, if its like 838463 steps via command, I refuse to do it.

Capt.N has the best pc gaming laptop, Forgot what it was called but I know its running 7 and works well.

Now also windows
-You need virus software... I dont care what you say you need it.
-Microsofts security thing sucks balls if you ask me and advast is much better in my opinion and plus its also free.
- once again I hate the power user base of windows. They wont shut up how good windows is or how there game runs so fast in windows. or they get so and so FPS No one in the real world cares to be honest. Thats why I like game systems its all the same on the platform.
-Softwareupdates God dang it microsoft, so many freaking updates.
-32bit vs 64bit (Why not coppy apple and have Windows 7 be able to pick and chose from the install disk when your installing the OS?)
-like 803253246 versons of windows 7 (home prem,ult,basic..ect)
-Windows 8 sucks we all know it.

Now no computer is perfect, they all have there problems, They all have the good sides.
I prefer a mac laptop and a PC desktop. I've had better luck with apple laptops, and to be honest bad luck with mac desktops my imac g3 was a nightmare! so was my PMg4 400MH but then again they are old systems so what can you expect?

To be honest, OSX works great on a laptop system and is quite responsive if there is the ram.
Windows 7 I found great on my old tower, I loved it alot.. I might of had a problem here and there, but it was easy to get going... But I also knew what I wanted out of a pc tower.

If you want a good PC custom bulid it. If you want a good laptop go with a macintosh. Apple has amazing support. Walk in to a store and they will help you.

Have you guys herd of a IBM store? A dell store?
No you need to go to a generic computer store where the guys may rip you off. I know both the guys in my town do that all the time.

Okay... I know there is a Microsoft store, but where in canada? I could care less if there is one in Bum(F) Now where in silicone valley.. I rather not have to go to the states if I can help it.

Same thing with android phones, where is your Phone store? You need to go to the cell company and have them send the stupid thing off. Where if your iphone is acting stupid just walk in to a apple store and they can tell you how much and or give you a new one instead. Now gratned there are not many apple stores in canada, but I know of two in montreal, and that says something. Lots of Mac users in montreal and in quebec!

Now I never even bought my mac as a facebook machine when I got it I had yet to get a facebook account. Oh and I payed for it out of my own pocket at the time, I saved up for like two years. Was it worth it or what!
I love just working on it. But I also miss my pc alot at times, just for all of the gray things I did on it......If you know what I mean...

No mac war please.

Major.Roboto

Meseta : 5522
Fame : 19

PSO Player Info
Time Zone: : Eastern Standard Time (GMT-5)
Name of character 1: Major.Roboto
Guildcard:: -992866524

Back to top Go down

Post  spade88 Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:43 pm

Know what is funny my alienware doesn't have a single piece of dell in it...lol

I built a customized desktop from alienware parts.....lol

I guess I voided the warranty a little to early......

Things I enjoyed upgrading or adding:

- went over 32 gigs of ram (so overclocked)
- 25 TB HDD - all in one system and still growing (Yes I do need the space)
- Switching out the motherboard every 6 months (does not cost me a dime)
- Triple screen action (waiting on the crystal monitors to go on sale in the near future)
- retinal and finger print scanner (the security feature alone is worth a few good laughs)

Best article for Building vs. Buying a Personal Computer:
http://compreviews.about.com/od/general/a/BuildvsBuy.htm

Next computer project: Whitebox Notebooks
spade88
spade88

Back to top Go down

Post  Major.Roboto Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:01 pm

It may not have a OME dell part, but dell makes the parts.

Its like windsheild washer... Its all made from the same factory... One day its for company y and the next to company Y

Plus there towers are fugly!

I like my standard black caces with no stupid lights. But thats prefrence,

The last dellware system I sceen was so stupid looking it looked like some guy that made it was extremely disaffirmed.
I doubt the brackets for the hardrives and disk drives were nonstandard..

God I hate brackets some times.....

Major.Roboto

PSO Player Info

Back to top Go down

Post  spade88 Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:04 pm

Major.Roboto wrote:It may not have a OME dell part, but dell makes the parts.

Its like windsheild washer... Its all made from the same factory... One day its for company y and the next to company Y

Plus there towers are fugly!

I like my standard black caces with no stupid lights. But thats prefrence,

The last dellware system I sceen was so stupid looking it looked like some guy that made it was extremely disaffirmed.
I doubt the brackets for the hardrives and disk drives were nonstandard..

God I hate brackets some times.....

I'm learning how to make my own circuit boards right now from scratch, you can actually print them out.....as for making my own BIOS my friends from DigiPen joke around a lot with their version but they are not to bad...lol

spade88
spade88

Back to top Go down

Post  Major.Roboto Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:19 pm

.....I thought we are talking about how you say your ailen ware parts are not dell?

Who put the system together? You I asume then...Then its not alienware, its spade88ware.....

Major.Roboto

PSO Player Info

Back to top Go down

Post  spade88 Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:23 pm

Major.Roboto wrote:.....I thought we are talking about how you say your ailen ware parts are not dell?

Who put the system together? You I asume then...Then its not alienware, its spade88ware.....

lol I like that......only I prefer calling it a dreadnought...lol...

I would like to replace more parts in the desktop with custom made parts made by me.......that takes to much time though
spade88
spade88

Back to top Go down

Post  Major.Roboto Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:27 pm

Yeah I hate not having money....God that sucks....Well, in the mean time I guess...
Well Pink floyd said the best

Money
It's a crime
Share it fairly
But don't take a slice of my pie
Money
So they say
Is the root of all evil today

It truly is the root of all evil...

Major.Roboto

PSO Player Info

Back to top Go down

Post  spade88 Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:35 pm

Major.Roboto wrote:Yeah I hate not having money....God that sucks....Well, in the mean time I guess...
Well Pink floyd said the best

Money
It's a crime
Share it fairly
But don't take a slice of my pie
Money
So they say
Is the root of all evil today

It truly is the root of all evil...

"Money, it turned out, was exactly like sex, you thought of nothing else if you didnt have it and thought of other things if you did."

James Arthur Baldwin
spade88
spade88

Back to top Go down

Post  Major.Roboto Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:42 pm

The problem is when I have money, I spend it on stupid computer things...
my next check I plan to buy a spindle of DVDs and CDs.

Stupid I know!

Well, I need them thats the problem ,I plan to go 50dvds and 25cds

I need stupid cd holders though.

Major.Roboto

PSO Player Info

Back to top Go down

Post  Kroniedon Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:49 pm

spade88 wrote:Know what is funny my alienware doesn't have a single piece of dell in it...lol

- Triple screen action (waiting on the crystal monitors to go on sale in the near future)
- retinal and finger print scanner (the security feature alone is worth a few good laughs)

But alienware parts are dell xD
Kroniedon
Kroniedon

Meseta : 2147488656
Fame : 41

PSO Player Info
Time Zone: : U.S. Eastern
Name of character 1: Kronos
Guildcard:: 63252135

http://www.l33tservpso.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  spade88 Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:00 pm

Kroniedon wrote:
spade88 wrote:Know what is funny my alienware doesn't have a single piece of dell in it...lol

But alienware parts are dell xD

my parts are not dell..lol

Small history lesson:

On June 2, 2009, The M17x was introduced as the First Alienware/Dell branded system.

Starting in 2002, Dell considered buying Alienware, but did not take any action until March 22, 2006, when it agreed to purchase the company. The new subsidiary maintained its autonomy in terms of design and marketing. However, Alienware's access to Dell's supply chain, purchasing power, and economies of scale would lower its operating costs.
spade88
spade88

Back to top Go down

Post  Major.Roboto Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:10 pm

eh, you need econmics....
spade88 wrote:However, Alienware's access to Dell's supply chain, purchasing power, and economies of scale would lower its operating costs.

If they are using dells channels then its still dell, but then dell passes it to Alienware.... and its sold for triple the price.

I rather have my mac and pay apple for expensive parts. I know they have good custermer service. They gave me a free laptop charger, and the old one was not even faulty,
They gave me a replacement Ipod touch for 40bucks,

Apple, just knows how to deal with customers.

Unlike other companys on the market.
I called HP a while ago trying to figure out there site to download drives. They have to make there systems so dam consuing! The computer was like a presario cq62 and there are like 45 versons of that one computer.
Now have a laugh Canadien ones are special all on there own and there number ends with CA, I asume for the us theres almost one per state. Thats bull right there.

I have no clue on dell support because I got a message when I called them saying they were not open, whenthey advertised 24-7 help

Oh well....

Major.Roboto

PSO Player Info

Back to top Go down

Post  Kroniedon Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:11 pm

Dude, you got a Dell! (lol, hopefully you know what I'm referencing with this xD)
Kroniedon
Kroniedon

PSO Player Info

Back to top Go down

Post  spade88 Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:16 pm

Major.Roboto wrote:
spade88 wrote:However, Alienware's access to Dell's supply chain, purchasing power, and economies of scale would lower its operating costs.

If they are using dells channels then its still dell, but then dell passes it to Alienware.... and its sold for triple the price.

I rather have my mac and pay apple for expensive parts. I know they have good custermer service. They gave me a free laptop charger, and the old one was not even faulty,

I called HP a while ago trying to figure out there site to download drives. They have to make there systems so dam consuing! The computer was like a presario cq62 and there are like 45 versons of that one computer.
Now have a laugh Canadien ones are special all on there own and there number ends with CA, I asume for the us theres almost one per state. Thats bull right there.

I have no clue on dell support because I got a message when I called them saying they were not open, whenthey advertised 24-7 help

Oh well....

what is funny if you order anything alienware from the alienware website you get only alienware support not dell....and when I go to the dell support page on their website the are oblivious to anything alienware related...now how about that...lol

Either way a custom built desktop is still cheaper and built better then just buying it straight from them..
spade88
spade88

Back to top Go down

Post  Kroniedon Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:19 pm

spade88 wrote:
Major.Roboto wrote:

Oh well....

what is funny if you order anything alienware from the alienware website you get only alienware support not dell....and when I go to the dell support page on their website the are oblivious to anything alienware related...now how about that...lol

Either way a custom built desktop is still cheaper and built better then just buying it straight from them..

When something goes wrong with windows, do you go to Microsoft tech support, or Xbox Live tech support... lol xD
Kroniedon
Kroniedon

PSO Player Info

Back to top Go down

Post  Major.Roboto Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:24 pm

spade88 wrote:

Thanks for the FYI on custom bulit towers, We all knew that......
To be honest, They are probly all at the same center.
They also can tell what number you called on there end so they know what to say. Plus I have seen alienwares with Dell branded software.... So that only proves the point further. also look at there wiki page. they are a subdevison of dell

Major.Roboto

PSO Player Info

Back to top Go down

Post  spade88 Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:25 pm

Kroniedon wrote:
spade88 wrote:
Major.Roboto wrote:

Oh well....

When something goes wrong with windows, do you go to Microsoft tech support, or Xbox Live tech support... lol xD

For my alienware |I only use Linux and other UNIX-based not windows...

(for my other desktops however like my sony vaio yes I do use windows)
spade88
spade88

Back to top Go down

Post  Captain N Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:26 pm

lol 25 TB HDD my ass. no such size exists. only though raid. and if your using raid 0 for that i'm gonna double face palm. 1 drive fails and all your data is lost. yeah face palm. the highest hard drive is 4 TB ad about $300 so you are telling me that you have 6 4 tb drives (is in raid 5 12 4 TB drives if in raid 5). so that $1800 for the drives. or $3600 for 12 drives in raid 5. I call BS.
if your using 3 tb drives then that's about $169 per drive and you'd need 9 3TB drives for about $1530(raid 5 is 18 drives and $3060. lol again i call BS and i face palm.

you switch out mb each 6 months lol WTF. If you want to have the latest then go into the future and buy a pc from 2016. then bring it back to 2012.

I know that u can have many drives in 1 pc my current desktop has 6 hard drives, 1 cd burner, 2 dvd burners and 1 dvd-ram drive. and of course a floppy. you aint hard core unless you got a floppy. (i know new mobo dont have a floppy controller but i got a solution for that. I got 1 LS 120mb drive. and its IDE so it cna be converted to SATA and it reads and writes 1.44/720k floppies. EPIC
i actually only have a few drive letters left (B:,N:,X:) not to mention i have 4 usb drives connected. a dvd burner, 2 more 80 gig drives for fun and a zip 250mb.

for more hard drive space im building a data center NAS using freenas. perhaps ill be making use of these 2 blade servers i got.

give me some pics of your rig.
and i bet you aint even using any virtual machines. so no point in 32 gig of ram.

@Major.Robo yeha my laptop rapes face. It is getting older since its DEC 2009.
its one of the first i7 laptops there was. alien ware had core2 quads for $500 more then mine and mine was more powerfull. lol at alienware
Captain N
Captain N

Meseta : 5205
Fame : 6

PSO Player Info
Time Zone: :
Name of character 1: Put name here
Guildcard::

http://65.12.199.46

Back to top Go down

Post  Major.Roboto Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:32 pm

Thats besides the point....Thats because you removed windows.
Linux just sucks man, its a pain in the ass for any user who is not some Nerd with zits who never leaves his room. and thinks open sourced is cool, To be honest its cool to a point.

Linux just sucks.
Ubuntu is fail, DSL is well to DSL debian is a bitch to install, I've tryed lots of linux systems and they all suck. They have no good software besides the normal open sourced VLC. Firefox just sucks now, and its open sourced!

Open sourced is good to a point firefox is the greatest example ever.

@capt.N who made your laptop?

Major.Roboto

PSO Player Info

Back to top Go down

Post  spade88 Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:34 pm

Captain N wrote:

lol 25 TB HDD my ass. no such size exists. only though raid. and if your using raid 0 for that i'm gonna double face palm. 1 drive fails and all your data is lost. yeah face palm. the highest hard drive is 4 TB ad about $300 so you are telling me that you have 6 4 tb drives (is in raid 5 12 4 TB drives if in raid 5). so that $1800 for the drives. or $3600 for 12 drives in raid 5. I call BS.
if your using 3 tb drives then that's about $169 per drive and you'd need 9 3TB drives for about $1530(raid 5 is 18 drives and $3060. lol again i call BS and i face palm.

you switch out mb each 6 months lol WTF. If you want to have the latest then go into the future and buy a pc from 2016. then bring it back to 2012.

I know that u can have many drives in 1 pc my current desktop has 6 hard drives, 1 cd burner, 2 dvd burners and 1 dvd-ram drive. and of course a floppy. you aint hard core unless you got a floppy. (i know new mobo dont have a floppy controller but i got a solution for that. I got 1 LS 120mb drive. and its IDE so it cna be converted to SATA and it reads and writes 1.44/720k floppies. EPIC
i actually only have a few drive letters left (B:,N:,X:) not to mention i have 4 usb drives connected. a dvd burner, 2 more 80 gig drives for fun and a zip 250mb.

for more hard drive space im building a data center NAS using freenas. perhaps ill be making use of these 2 blade servers i got.

give me some pics of your rig.
and i bet you aint even using any virtual machines. so no point in 32 gig of ram.

@Major.Robo yeha my laptop rapes face. It is getting older since its DEC 2009.
its one of the first i7 laptops there was. alien ware had core2 quads for $500 more then mine and mine was more powerfull. lol at alienware

Yes I do have a 25TB in total of HDDs...
DMCOM Western Digital Wd Elements 25 Tb Usb 20 External Hard Drive by Western Digital

cost me 241 plus shipping:

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_SPM6158546601P?sid=IDx20101019x00001a&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=SPM6158546601

I know i said they were under one roof..but my externals do not count)
spade88
spade88

Back to top Go down

Post  Major.Roboto Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:39 pm

spade88 wrote:
DMCOM Western Digital Wd Elements 25 Tb Usb 20 External Hard Drive by Western Digital

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_SPM6158546601P?sid=IDx20101019x00001a&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=SPM6158546601

I call bull shit! a 25tb drive does not exist! let alone at that price.
or if the drive does report that much there is something wrong.

Major.Roboto

PSO Player Info

Back to top Go down

Post  spade88 Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:41 pm

Major.Roboto wrote:
spade88 wrote:

I call bull shit! a 25tb drive does not exist! let alone at that price.

sadly it does..

But before I bout that I used a : DMCOM Western Digital My Book Studio Ii - 6 Tb

Bought it from sears at 657, but used gift cards...

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_SPM6158547701P
spade88
spade88

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next