Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]


Most users ever online was 67 on Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:04 am

Post technical questions here.

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Post technical questions here.

Post  Kroniedon on Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:29 pm

In an attempt to build as large as a Phantasy Star info database as possible, I've added this section. If you have any technical support problem whatsoever, any at all, post it here. We'll then figure out the cause of the problem, it's solution, then eventually place all of this data in a guide. I will also be adding tech guides occasionally, depending on how much time I have. For those who don't know, I'm currently ranked top Contributor in the Older systems (Includes Gamecube) category on the Nintendo Tech Forums (7/19/2010 date of which this has remained true). If you have any special requests in a guide to be made, please post here, and if it's a good idea, then I'll procede to make it. If you have a guide that you want to submit, then by all means post it here. Do keep in mind that if you do post a guide, it may be subject to editing/correcting on my part. Ok, well, I think that about sums it up.

Admin~Kroniedon

P.S.: This section is for GC and PSO queries only. I thought that was a natural given with it being a PSO:GC server and all... but I guess I was wrong.


Last edited by Kroniedon on Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:19 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : To clarify an issue.)

~-/--/-/--/-/--/-/--/-/--/-/--/-/--/-/--/-/--/-/--/~
Owner and Administrator.
Egotistical Asshole.
Likes long walks by the beach, kittens, and bringing darkness and destruction.
Dislikes other egotistical assholes, wearing clothes in public, and singing circles.
avatar
Kroniedon

Posts : 1524
Meseta : 2147486312
Fame : 41
Join date : 2010-07-02
Age : 25
Location : Clay City, KY

PSO Player Info
Time Zone: : U.S. Eastern
Name of character 1: Kronos
Guildcard:: 63252135

View user profile http://www.l33tservpso.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Post technical questions here.

Post  Buu11235 on Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:02 am

Anyone here know how to use a mac as a wireless router? I can use mine to hook up to xbox live, but i can't seem to get the gamecube working.

Buu11235

Posts : 20
Meseta : 2695
Fame : 0
Join date : 2010-07-03

PSO Player Info
Time Zone: :
Name of character 1: Put name here
Guildcard::

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Post technical questions here.

Post  Kroniedon on Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:10 am

I'm not sure that it's possble. Have you tired Dr.Dns for it?

~-/--/-/--/-/--/-/--/-/--/-/--/-/--/-/--/-/--/-/--/~
Owner and Administrator.
Egotistical Asshole.
Likes long walks by the beach, kittens, and bringing darkness and destruction.
Dislikes other egotistical assholes, wearing clothes in public, and singing circles.
avatar
Kroniedon

Posts : 1524
Meseta : 2147486312
Fame : 41
Join date : 2010-07-02
Age : 25
Location : Clay City, KY

PSO Player Info
Time Zone: : U.S. Eastern
Name of character 1: Kronos
Guildcard:: 63252135

View user profile http://www.l33tservpso.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Post technical questions here.

Post  Buu11235 on Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:13 am

Kroniedon wrote:I'm not sure that it's possble. Have you tired Dr.Dns for it?
Isn't Dr. DNS windows only? I suppose i could try to get bootcamp or something similar.

Buu11235

Posts : 20
Meseta : 2695
Fame : 0
Join date : 2010-07-03

PSO Player Info
Time Zone: :
Name of character 1: Put name here
Guildcard::

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Post technical questions here.

Post  Kroniedon on Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:41 am

I'll look for a mac edition

~-/--/-/--/-/--/-/--/-/--/-/--/-/--/-/--/-/--/-/--/~
Owner and Administrator.
Egotistical Asshole.
Likes long walks by the beach, kittens, and bringing darkness and destruction.
Dislikes other egotistical assholes, wearing clothes in public, and singing circles.
avatar
Kroniedon

Posts : 1524
Meseta : 2147486312
Fame : 41
Join date : 2010-07-02
Age : 25
Location : Clay City, KY

PSO Player Info
Time Zone: : U.S. Eastern
Name of character 1: Kronos
Guildcard:: 63252135

View user profile http://www.l33tservpso.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Post technical questions here.

Post  Gunbladelad on Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:13 am

Have you tried sharing the Mac's wireless connection with the wired?

As some of you will know, my unorthodox connection method involves using Bluetooth & a cellphone to access the internet on the PC, and, in windows anyway, I was able to configure the "bluetooth network" to share it's internet connection with the wired LAN setup. (Still laggy as hell, but it works...)

On the Gamecube side, all you need is to use Auto-IP, and point it directly at the server's IP address.

Gunbladelad

Posts : 1
Meseta : 2622
Fame : 0
Join date : 2010-08-15

PSO Player Info
Time Zone: :
Name of character 1: Put name here
Guildcard::

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Post technical questions here.

Post  Kroniedon on Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:39 pm

That actually sounds like it would work, not sure though. I would test this, but I myself do not own a Mac. Sad .... wait, why am I putting frown face..... I like not owning a mac Smile

~-/--/-/--/-/--/-/--/-/--/-/--/-/--/-/--/-/--/-/--/~
Owner and Administrator.
Egotistical Asshole.
Likes long walks by the beach, kittens, and bringing darkness and destruction.
Dislikes other egotistical assholes, wearing clothes in public, and singing circles.
avatar
Kroniedon

Posts : 1524
Meseta : 2147486312
Fame : 41
Join date : 2010-07-02
Age : 25
Location : Clay City, KY

PSO Player Info
Time Zone: : U.S. Eastern
Name of character 1: Kronos
Guildcard:: 63252135

View user profile http://www.l33tservpso.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Post technical questions here.

Post  Raphael on Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:06 pm

It doesn't work, sorry. I've tried it before. I haven't found any way to connect via a mac.

~-/--/-/--/-/--/-/--/-/--/-/--/-/--/-/--/-/--/-/--/~
My Tomorrow - Digimon Tamers wrote:さあ
今こそ走り出せ
地図にはない場所へ
恐れるものなんて
何もない

小さな胸には
勇気だけ詰め込んで
雨の中一人きり
ポケットの中は
カラッポだけれど
私は 前だけ見ている

未知の扉開いて
世界の向こう側へと
進め 進め
もう迷わない

さあ
今こそ走り出せ
地図にはない場所へ
恐れるものなんて
何もない

明日を作るのは
今しかないはら
飛び立て
はるかなる
My Tomorrow
avatar
Raphael

Posts : 94
Meseta : 2821
Fame : 2
Join date : 2010-07-02
Age : 24

PSO Player Info
Time Zone: :
Name of character 1: Raphael
Guildcard:: Some Complex Number

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Post technical questions here.

Post  Kroniedon on Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:07 am

Raphael wrote:It doesn't work, sorry. I've tried it before. I haven't found any way to connect via a mac.

I thought that may be the case, even though it does sound plausable. Well, this is confirmed... I think I'ma make a list of everything thats confirmed about technicalness.

~-/--/-/--/-/--/-/--/-/--/-/--/-/--/-/--/-/--/-/--/~
Owner and Administrator.
Egotistical Asshole.
Likes long walks by the beach, kittens, and bringing darkness and destruction.
Dislikes other egotistical assholes, wearing clothes in public, and singing circles.
avatar
Kroniedon

Posts : 1524
Meseta : 2147486312
Fame : 41
Join date : 2010-07-02
Age : 25
Location : Clay City, KY

PSO Player Info
Time Zone: : U.S. Eastern
Name of character 1: Kronos
Guildcard:: 63252135

View user profile http://www.l33tservpso.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Post technical questions here.

Post  Buu11235 on Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:46 pm

Kroniedon wrote:
Raphael wrote:It doesn't work, sorry. I've tried it before. I haven't found any way to connect via a mac.

I thought that may be the case, even though it does sound plausable. Well, this is confirmed... I think I'ma make a list of everything thats confirmed about technicalness.

Well, that's rather disappointing. Guess i'll hope i can snag a friends laptop, or see if my router things decides to work at college.

Buu11235

Posts : 20
Meseta : 2695
Fame : 0
Join date : 2010-07-03

PSO Player Info
Time Zone: :
Name of character 1: Put name here
Guildcard::

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Post technical questions here.

Post  Kroniedon on Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:47 pm

Lol, I'm with you there. I have to see if mine will work tomorrow.

~-/--/-/--/-/--/-/--/-/--/-/--/-/--/-/--/-/--/-/--/~
Owner and Administrator.
Egotistical Asshole.
Likes long walks by the beach, kittens, and bringing darkness and destruction.
Dislikes other egotistical assholes, wearing clothes in public, and singing circles.
avatar
Kroniedon

Posts : 1524
Meseta : 2147486312
Fame : 41
Join date : 2010-07-02
Age : 25
Location : Clay City, KY

PSO Player Info
Time Zone: : U.S. Eastern
Name of character 1: Kronos
Guildcard:: 63252135

View user profile http://www.l33tservpso.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Post technical questions here.

Post  Major.Roboto on Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:11 pm

I beleve OSX has its fire wall turned on in a way that it desides to block the DNS port pso needs to use or something along the lines you can disable the firewall in the proper section look around in your pref panes

Major.Roboto

Posts : 557
Meseta : 3178
Fame : 19
Join date : 2011-04-25
Age : 23
Location : Montreal

PSO Player Info
Time Zone: : Eastern Standard Time (GMT-5)
Name of character 1: Major.Roboto
Guildcard:: -992866524

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Post technical questions here.

Post  PlayGame on Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:01 pm

Hey it's me again "Sack" yay ~ back from like 5 months PSOless.
I have a question of how to connect to the l33t server. I put in the IP that's over on the right top corner but i can't connect. I saw some posts about the spsof things and the video Jake posted. I'm not sure if those go together or not can someone fill me in? I also have no Dr/Mr DNS stuff so can i have the links for those too. Sorry if I missed and topics that had those T_T
avatar
PlayGame

Posts : 12
Meseta : 2374
Fame : 0
Join date : 2011-05-20

PSO Player Info
Time Zone: :
Name of character 1: Put name here
Guildcard::

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Post technical questions here.

Post  Kroniedon on Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:04 pm

PlayGame wrote:Hey it's me again "Sack" yay ~ back from like 5 months PSOless.
I have a question of how to connect to the l33t server. I put in the IP that's over on the right top corner but i can't connect. I saw some posts about the spsof things and the video Jake posted. I'm not sure if those go together or not can someone fill me in? I also have no Dr/Mr DNS stuff so can i have the links for those too. Sorry if I missed and topics that had those T_T



Lol, welcome back, and follow the link xD

http://l33tserv.forum-nation.com/t204-server-is-down

Main server unit is down. I'm not at home, so I can't launch the backup unit until tonight.

~-/--/-/--/-/--/-/--/-/--/-/--/-/--/-/--/-/--/-/--/~
Owner and Administrator.
Egotistical Asshole.
Likes long walks by the beach, kittens, and bringing darkness and destruction.
Dislikes other egotistical assholes, wearing clothes in public, and singing circles.
avatar
Kroniedon

Posts : 1524
Meseta : 2147486312
Fame : 41
Join date : 2010-07-02
Age : 25
Location : Clay City, KY

PSO Player Info
Time Zone: : U.S. Eastern
Name of character 1: Kronos
Guildcard:: 63252135

View user profile http://www.l33tservpso.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Post technical questions here.

Post  PlayGame on Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:05 pm

Kroniedon wrote:
PlayGame wrote:Hey it's me again "Sack" yay ~ back from like 5 months PSOless.
I have a question of how to connect to the l33t server. I put in the IP that's over on the right top corner but i can't connect. I saw some posts about the spsof things and the video Jake posted. I'm not sure if those go together or not can someone fill me in? I also have no Dr/Mr DNS stuff so can i have the links for those too. Sorry if I missed and topics that had those T_T



Lol, welcome back, and follow the link xD

http://l33tserv.forum-nation.com/t204-server-is-down

Main server unit is down. I'm not at home, so I can't launch the backup unit until tonight.

I tried yesterday though, was it down yesterday as well?
avatar
PlayGame

Posts : 12
Meseta : 2374
Fame : 0
Join date : 2011-05-20

PSO Player Info
Time Zone: :
Name of character 1: Put name here
Guildcard::

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Post technical questions here.

Post  Kroniedon on Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:14 pm

PlayGame wrote:
Kroniedon wrote:
PlayGame wrote:Hey it's me again "Sack" yay ~ back from like 5 months PSOless.
I have a question of how to connect to the l33t server. I put in the IP that's over on the right top corner but i can't connect. I saw some posts about the spsof things and the video Jake posted. I'm not sure if those go together or not can someone fill me in? I also have no Dr/Mr DNS stuff so can i have the links for those too. Sorry if I missed and topics that had those T_T



Lol, welcome back, and follow the link xD

http://l33tserv.forum-nation.com/t204-server-is-down


Main server unit is down. I'm not at home, so I can't launch the backup unit until tonight.

I tried yesterday though, was it down yesterday as well?


Do you have PSO+ ?

~-/--/-/--/-/--/-/--/-/--/-/--/-/--/-/--/-/--/-/--/~
Owner and Administrator.
Egotistical Asshole.
Likes long walks by the beach, kittens, and bringing darkness and destruction.
Dislikes other egotistical assholes, wearing clothes in public, and singing circles.
avatar
Kroniedon

Posts : 1524
Meseta : 2147486312
Fame : 41
Join date : 2010-07-02
Age : 25
Location : Clay City, KY

PSO Player Info
Time Zone: : U.S. Eastern
Name of character 1: Kronos
Guildcard:: 63252135

View user profile http://www.l33tservpso.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Post technical questions here.

Post  PlayGame on Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:38 pm

Nah I got non-plus.
But mainly (if the server was up) I'm just wonder if I'd need the spsof thing or connect with Computer IP. Cause when i use to be on ****serv I just put in the IP and went on. Just asking if it's the same with l33t Cool


Last edited by PlayGame on Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:41 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I think more information would be needed.)
avatar
PlayGame

Posts : 12
Meseta : 2374
Fame : 0
Join date : 2011-05-20

PSO Player Info
Time Zone: :
Name of character 1: Put name here
Guildcard::

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Post technical questions here.

Post  Kroniedon on Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:10 pm

PlayGame wrote:Nah I got non-plus.
But mainly (if the server was up) I'm just wonder if I'd need the spsof thing or connect with Computer IP. Cause when i use to be on ****serv I just put in the IP and went on. Just asking if it's the same with l33t Cool

It would just need IP then. Project Renegade Expansion may have been interfering. Once I turn on the back up machine, you should be able to connect fine

~-/--/-/--/-/--/-/--/-/--/-/--/-/--/-/--/-/--/-/--/~
Owner and Administrator.
Egotistical Asshole.
Likes long walks by the beach, kittens, and bringing darkness and destruction.
Dislikes other egotistical assholes, wearing clothes in public, and singing circles.
avatar
Kroniedon

Posts : 1524
Meseta : 2147486312
Fame : 41
Join date : 2010-07-02
Age : 25
Location : Clay City, KY

PSO Player Info
Time Zone: : U.S. Eastern
Name of character 1: Kronos
Guildcard:: 63252135

View user profile http://www.l33tservpso.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Post technical questions here.

Post  PlayGame on Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:07 pm

Alright then, can't wait for the server to be back up, thanks "Jacob" correct?
Razz
avatar
PlayGame

Posts : 12
Meseta : 2374
Fame : 0
Join date : 2011-05-20

PSO Player Info
Time Zone: :
Name of character 1: Put name here
Guildcard::

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Post technical questions here.

Post  Kroniedon on Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:46 pm

PlayGame wrote:Alright then, can't wait for the server to be back up, thanks "Jacob" correct?
Razz

lol, Jacob, Kroniedon, Kronos... whatever you want to call me.

~-/--/-/--/-/--/-/--/-/--/-/--/-/--/-/--/-/--/-/--/~
Owner and Administrator.
Egotistical Asshole.
Likes long walks by the beach, kittens, and bringing darkness and destruction.
Dislikes other egotistical assholes, wearing clothes in public, and singing circles.
avatar
Kroniedon

Posts : 1524
Meseta : 2147486312
Fame : 41
Join date : 2010-07-02
Age : 25
Location : Clay City, KY

PSO Player Info
Time Zone: : U.S. Eastern
Name of character 1: Kronos
Guildcard:: 63252135

View user profile http://www.l33tservpso.net/

Back to top Go down

I was Playing

Post  nemesistypeb on Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:10 pm

Sad hey man tat was weird i was playing on server and offline manily but u know wat download i was waiting for..... Sad maybe u could put up the server just until the event is finished but if its interfearing with the project then i understand. I thought it was my internet provider, i was about to go talk shit to them for paying for my interner this month lol. well hope it gets back on soon. I do stay home alone on thanksgiving so maybe a surprise will pop up on server for thanksgiving. Wink
avatar
nemesistypeb

Posts : 19
Meseta : 2218
Fame : 0
Join date : 2011-10-24
Age : 27
Location : san antonio tx

PSO Player Info
Time Zone: : pacific
Name of character 1: Nel
Guildcard:: -627221140

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Post technical questions here.

Post  Major.Roboto on Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:20 pm

Must of been offline then I have no controll over it any more

~-/--/-/--/-/--/-/--/-/--/-/--/-/--/-/--/-/--/-/--/~

I am a RAcast to know what you are take the quiz here.

Major.Roboto

Posts : 557
Meseta : 3178
Fame : 19
Join date : 2011-04-25
Age : 23
Location : Montreal

PSO Player Info
Time Zone: : Eastern Standard Time (GMT-5)
Name of character 1: Major.Roboto
Guildcard:: -992866524

View user profile

Back to top Go down

GC Connection error (w/ DNS)

Post  spade88 on Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:55 pm

I finally received my broadband adapter and started to fill out the online setting for the GC....but ran into some problems



I keep receiving the same error message on the last step:

Input error!
The primary DNS address is invalid.
The secondary DNS address is invalid


Note:
- I tried hooking my GC straight up to the router first and then I tried hooking it up to my laptop with the internet sharing enabled
- On my laptop which is using wifi was succsufully able to ping the IPs
- broadband adapter is DOL - 015
- Gamecube is DOL - 001 (usa)
- Game version: PSO plus


I have had this same problem with the other private server as well...lol (i was just checking with them if it was the same error or not)


please help
avatar
spade88

Posts : 133
Meseta : 2119
Fame : 0
Join date : 2012-06-04
Age : 31
Location : Pittsburgh, PA

View user profile http://phantasystaronline.4umotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Post technical questions here.

Post  Major.Roboto on Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:01 pm

spade88 wrote:I finally received my broadband adapter and started to fill out the online setting for the GC....but ran into some problems
I keep receiving the same error message on the last step:
Input error!
The primary DNS address is invalid.
The secondary DNS address is invalid
Note:
- I tried hooking my GC straight up to the router first and then I tried hooking it up to my laptop with the internet sharing enabled
- On my laptop which is using wifi was succsufully able to ping the IPs
- broadband adapter is DOL - 015
- Gamecube is DOL - 001 (usa)
- Game version: PSO plus
I have had this same problem with the other private server as well...lol (i was just checking with them if it was the same error or not)
please help


Did you use this as the only dns? 173.214.164.235 also hooked in to the router is the best bet! This windows connection sharing I find is rather unstable for any sort of online game. Just because windows sucks at it.

Put that IP and that IP only, and leave the cube on auto matic network detect, also check if you have your ports open for pso.

~-/--/-/--/-/--/-/--/-/--/-/--/-/--/-/--/-/--/-/--/~

I am a RAcast to know what you are take the quiz here.

Major.Roboto

Posts : 557
Meseta : 3178
Fame : 19
Join date : 2011-04-25
Age : 23
Location : Montreal

PSO Player Info
Time Zone: : Eastern Standard Time (GMT-5)
Name of character 1: Major.Roboto
Guildcard:: -992866524

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Post technical questions here.

Post  spade88 on Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:04 pm

Major.Roboto wrote:
spade88 wrote:I finally received my broadband adapter and started to fill out the online setting for the GC....but ran into some problems
I keep receiving the same error message on the last step:
Input error!
The primary DNS address is invalid.
The secondary DNS address is invalid
Note:
- I tried hooking my GC straight up to the router first and then I tried hooking it up to my laptop with the internet sharing enabled
- On my laptop which is using wifi was succsufully able to ping the IPs
- broadband adapter is DOL - 015
- Gamecube is DOL - 001 (usa)
- Game version: PSO plus
I have had this same problem with the other private server as well...lol (i was just checking with them if it was the same error or not)
please help


Did you use this as the only dns? 173.214.164.235 also hooked in to the router is the best bet! This windows connection sharing I find is rather unstable for any sort of online game. Just because windows sucks at it.

Put that IP and that IP only, and leave the cube on auto matic network detect, also check if you have your ports open for pso.


How do I check the ports?


also On DNS server address I clicked manual, an the page before that for connection setting I put auto obtain

avatar
spade88

Posts : 133
Meseta : 2119
Fame : 0
Join date : 2012-06-04
Age : 31
Location : Pittsburgh, PA

View user profile http://phantasystaronline.4umotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Post technical questions here.

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum