L33tServ PSO
This forum board is being locked. Please register at our new Forum Board at http://www.luxservpso.net/forums/

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

L33tServ PSO
This forum board is being locked. Please register at our new Forum Board at http://www.luxservpso.net/forums/
L33tServ PSO
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 67 on Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:04 am

E3 2012 : Your Thoughts

+2
I3ot
Captain N
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

E3 2012 : Your Thoughts - Page 2 Empty Re: E3 2012 : Your Thoughts

Post  Major.Roboto Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:21 am

Well, I love kain.....

The problem is though, he is fictional.

Skype or msn man?

Major.Roboto

Meseta : 5572
Fame : 19

PSO Player Info
Time Zone: : Eastern Standard Time (GMT-5)
Name of character 1: Major.Roboto
Guildcard:: -992866524

Back to top Go down

Post  spade88 Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:38 am

Major.Roboto wrote:Well, I love kain.....

The problem is though, he is fictional.

Skype or msn man?

spade88

Meseta : 4513
Fame : 0

http://phantasystaronline.4umotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Major.Roboto Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:01 pm

Apple has not even brought out the new stuff yet. LOL

I don't want a mpb for gaming at all, but for video capture and also I'm way use to how mac laptops are with there keyboard and trackpad, I don't want to change that, and I like Apple macs for laptops a lot.

I am buliding a pc tower soon. N get on skype more! im on today and might be for a big chuck tmmrow.

Major.Roboto

PSO Player Info

Back to top Go down

Post  PokeLinkEB Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:31 pm

PSO is no where near an MMO... max is like 40 per lobby & 4 players in an actual game.

MMO is in the thousands, even hundreds are considered a bit low. That's like calling Smash Bros Brawl an MMO cause it has many people on it... or Halo Reach...

I just put Massive & Multiplayer as a single word, not massive online & also some multiplayer.
PokeLinkEB
PokeLinkEB

Meseta : 5779
Fame : 14

PSO Player Info
Time Zone: : Pacific
Name of character 1: PokeLinkEB
Guildcard::

Back to top Go down

Post  Kroniedon Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:08 pm

PokeLinkEB wrote:PSO is no where near an MMO... max is like 40 per lobby & 4 players in an actual game.

MMO is in the thousands, even hundreds are considered a bit low. That's like calling Smash Bros Brawl an MMO cause it has many people on it... or Halo Reach...

I just put Massive & Multiplayer as a single word, not massive online & also some multiplayer.

20 actually lol
Kroniedon
Kroniedon

Meseta : 2147488706
Fame : 41

PSO Player Info
Time Zone: : U.S. Eastern
Name of character 1: Kronos
Guildcard:: 63252135

http://www.l33tservpso.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  spade88 Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:27 pm

PokeLinkEB wrote:PSO is no where near an MMO... max is like 40 per lobby & 4 players in an actual game.

This is where veterans of PSO come into play before GC....the DC/GC/Xbox/PC would have you believe at their release time would be considered an MMO....but after years later and the drop..just an ORPG....NOT just an RPG.....

But in truth it was an MMO.......it was down graded only because the loss in popularity

PSO2 hands down is an MMO without even trying...

FACT: if an online game has only an online mode and the game is designed as of an RPG....then the community is forced to be online so it is pushed into the category of an MMO till the population break below even and is reduced to an ORPG till the game is shutdown.....now private severs that open by fans remain an ORPG since their population will never dramatically increase...
spade88
spade88

Back to top Go down

Post  PokeLinkEB Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:38 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyEnJCgTZds

Yeah back in the day the trailer summed it up pretty good, but now... it needs a new trailer. The lobbies might have had the potential for MMO, but that's about it. I would love to see someone remove that limit. There's one quest where you get 3 ai parnters iirc & if you bring a friend or more, you will turn into one of the AI lol.
PokeLinkEB
PokeLinkEB

PSO Player Info

Back to top Go down

Post  Major.Roboto Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:27 am

Pso was the start of MMORPGS, it it's self was never one though.
PSO is a ORPG. Online RPG. there is less then 20 people per lobby, and only 15 lobbies so thats a total of 300 users per ship. Thats if 14,and 15 can a max of 20 people.

Well, I though it was 30 people per lobby.

Oh well,

Major.Roboto

PSO Player Info

Back to top Go down

Post  spade88 Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:00 am

Major.Roboto wrote:Pso was the start of MMORPGS, it it's self was never one though.
PSO is a ORPG. Online RPG. there is less then 20 people per lobby, and only 15 lobbies so thats a total of 300 users per ship. Thats if 14,and 15 can a max of 20 people.

Oh well,

PSO was born into an RPG but since the online communities at the time were big and highly populated back in the day since their were no real MMOs out it was considered an MMO regardless

Of course now it is just an ORPG....that is what players here and all around would have you believe.......I say again it is a matter of opinion......their is no set rule for a games classification in the RPG world.....you really can't label it when its PSO..

YOUR DAMMED IF YOU DO AND DAMMED IF YOU DON'T....
spade88
spade88

Back to top Go down

Post  Captain N Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:33 pm

spade88 wrote:
Major.Roboto wrote:Pso was the start of MMORPGS, it it's self was never one though.

Oh well,

PSO was born into an RPG but since the online communities at the time were big and highly populated back in the day since their were no real MMOs out it was considered an MMO regardless

Of course now it is just an ORPG....that is what players here and all around would have you believe.......I say again it is a matter of opinion......their is no set rule for a games classification in the RPG world.....you really can't label it when its PSO..

I hate to say this but pso is not a mmo by definition. Everquest and Ultima all are mmos that cameout before pso and they are MMO

In mmos the players are all in the same world at the same time.
having different rooms with up to 4 players each is not mmo. all players are part of the same server but they cant all be in 1 room together. this is no different then dungeon siege, diablo 1 and 2, titan quest and monster hunter tri on wii. each room created is a different instance of the same world. but only up to 4 players can be in that 1 instance.

if your calling pso a mmo then you might as well call starcraft a MMo. in starcraft online rooms are created in the same way they are on pso. are there any rooms on World of warcraft? No there is not. that's because WoW is a MMO.
I now end this with facts.

SO MMO means players play in the same world in real time. Not in different instances of the same world that are independent of each other.

calling pso a mmo is the same as calling Command & Conquer Yuris Revenge a mmo.
Captain N
Captain N

Meseta : 5255
Fame : 6

PSO Player Info
Time Zone: :
Name of character 1: Put name here

http://65.12.199.46

Back to top Go down

Post  spade88 Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:00 pm

Captain N wrote:
spade88 wrote:

Oh well,

I hate to say this but pso is not a mmo by definition. Everquest and Ultima all are mmos that cameout before pso and they are MMO

In mmos the players are all in the same world at the same time.
having different rooms with up to 4 players each is not mmo. all players are part of the same server but they cant all be in 1 room together. this is no different then dungeon siege, diablo 1 and 2, titan quest and monster hunter tri on wii. each room created is a different instance of the same world. but only up to 4 players can be in that 1 instance.

if your calling pso a mmo then you might as well call starcraft a MMo. in starcraft online rooms are created in the same way they are on pso. are there any rooms on World of warcraft? No there is not. that's because WoW is a MMO.
I now end this with facts.

SO MMO means players play in the same world in real time. Not in different instances of the same world that are independent of each other.

calling pso a mmo is the same as calling Command & Conquer Yuris Revenge a mmo.

Massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) is a genre of role-playing video games in which a very large number of players interact with one another within a virtual game world. - even if it is the lobby :p

MMORPGs are distinguished from single-player or small multi-player RPGs by the number of players, and by the game's persistent world (usually hosted by the game's publisher), which continues to exist and evolve while the player is offline and away from the game. - which can be interpreted with new downloadable content that PSO had while online

Although modern MMORPGs sometimes differ dramatically from their antecedents, many of them share some basic characteristics. These include several common features: persistent game environment, some form of progression, social interaction within the game, in-game culture, system architecture, membership in a group, and character customization, like on RuneScape.

I AM SO RIPPING THIS FROM WIKI............................TOUGH COOKIES PSO WAS AN MMO BACK IN THE DAY WHEN IT HAD running ONLINE COMMUNITIES...........YOUR NOT CHANGING MY MIND ON THAT...IT IS A PROVEN FACT THAT PSO WAS AN MMO BACK IN THE DAY...

History lesson 101:

Main article: History of massively multiplayer online role-playing games
The term MMORPG was coined by Richard Garriott, the creator of Ultima Online, in 1997. Previous to this and related coinages, these games were generally called graphical MUDs; the history of MMORPGs traces back directly through the MUD genre. Through this connection, MMORPGs can be seen to have roots in the earliest multi-user games such as Mazewar (1974) and MUD1 (1978). 1985 saw the release of a roguelike (pseudo-graphical) MUD called Island of Kesmai on CompuServe and Lucasfilm's graphical MUD Habitat. The first fully graphical multi-user RPG was Neverwinter Nights, which was delivered through America Online in 1991 and was personally championed by AOL President Steve Case. Other early proprietary graphical online RPGs include three on The Sierra Network: The Shadow of Yserbius in 1992, The Fates of Twinion in 1993, and The Ruins of Cawdor in 1995.

Another milestone came in 1995 as NSFNET restrictions were lifted, opening the Internet up for game developers, which allowed for the first truly "massively"-scoped titles. Finally, MMORPGs as defined today began with Meridian 59 in 1996, innovative both in its scope and in offering first-person 3D graphics, with The Realm Online appearing nearly simultaneously. Ultima Online, released in 1997, is often credited with first popularizing the genre, though more mainstream attention was garnered by 1999's EverQuest in the West and 1996's Nexus: The Kingdom of the Winds in Asia.

These early titles' financial success has ensured competition in the genre since that time. MMORPG titles now exist on consoles and in new settings, and their players enjoy higher-quality gameplay. The current market for MMORPGs has Blizzard Entertainment's World of Warcraft dominating as the largest pay-to-play MMORPG, alongside earlier such titles like Final Fantasy XI and Phantasy Star Online, though an additional market exists for free-to-play MMORPGs, which are supported by advertising and purchases of in-game items. This free-to-play model is particularly common in Korean MMORPGs such as MapleStory, Rohan: Blood Feud, and Atlantica Online. Also, there are some free-to-play games, such as RuneScape & Tibia, where the game is free, but one would have to pay monthly to play the game with more features. Guild Wars is an exception. It avoids some degree of competition with other MMORPGs by only requiring the initial purchase of the game to play.

Console-based MMORPGs
The first console-based MMORPG was Phantasy Star Online for the Sega Dreamcast. The first console-based open-world MMORPG was Final Fantasy XI for the Sony PlayStation 2. EverQuest Online Adventures, also on the PlayStation 2, was the first console MMORPG in North America. Although console-based MMORPGs are considered more difficult to produce, the platform is gaining more attention.
spade88
spade88

Back to top Go down

Post  Captain N Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:26 pm

ok... ill start calling dungeon siege a mmo then. Rolling Eyes
anyways on topic
Anyone watch the N3DS E3 conference. lots of good 3ds games coming.
Captain N
Captain N

PSO Player Info

Back to top Go down

Post  Kroniedon Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:37 pm

Captain N wrote:ok... ill start calling dungeon siege a mmo then. Rolling Eyes
anyways on topic
Anyone watch the N3DS E3 conference. lots of good 3ds games coming.

I'm still waiting for a confirmation of Final Fantasy 7 3D =P. The new Castlevania did look pretty awesome though lol.
Kroniedon
Kroniedon

Meseta : 2147488706
Fame : 41

PSO Player Info
Time Zone: : U.S. Eastern
Name of character 1: Kronos
Guildcard:: 63252135

http://www.l33tservpso.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  PokeLinkEB Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:14 pm

Can you give me a link to the 3DS one. I somehow missed that.
PokeLinkEB
PokeLinkEB

PSO Player Info

Back to top Go down

Post  Captain N Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:25 am

Ill be getting 4 games for wii U, New Super Mario U, ZombieU, creed 3, and alien Colonial Marines.

on 3ds ima get castlevania,paper mario and new super mario 2
Captain N
Captain N

PSO Player Info

Back to top Go down

Post  I3ot Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:14 am

Captain N wrote:Ill be getting 4 games for wii U, New Super Mario U, ZombieU, creed 3, and alien Colonial Marines.

on 3ds ima get castlevania,paper mario and new super mario 2
All those games looked really awesome, want to try ZombiU now=P
This kind of shows that the Wii U will be awesome.
I3ot
I3ot

Meseta : 5885

PSO Player Info
Time Zone: : Central european time (UTC+1)
Name of character 1: Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post  PokeLinkEB Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:26 pm

I just bought new speakers for my PC, for an additional fee i can hear sounds come out from the right speaker, and for yet another additional fee i can hear sound from the left SPEAKER!!!!! OMGUHD THESE GUYS ARE GENIUS'S! They even made a DLC for faster internet... yes.

DLC makes everything 1000 times better amirite? Evil or Very Mad

Indie Troll Burn
PokeLinkEB
PokeLinkEB

PSO Player Info

Back to top Go down

Post  Captain N Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:53 pm

PokeLinkEB wrote:I just bought new speakers for my PC, for an additional fee i can hear sounds come out from the right speaker, and for yet another additional fee i can hear sound from the left SPEAKER!!!!! OMGUHD THESE GUYS ARE GENIUS'S! They even made a DLC for faster internet... yes.

DLC makes everything 1000 times better amirite? Evil or Very Mad

Indie Troll Burn

yeah isnt DLC amazing? Especially whne its already on the Game Disc and you hav eto pay for it twice.
Captain N
Captain N

PSO Player Info

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content